20110331

i was eleven, 2006 when my family still had dinners together on weekends. so we were in town after one of these dinners, and like we often did we found ourselves in borders wheelock. my brother was off burying himself in books and i went straight for the music section. as i always had. i don't know why, but i tended to take comfort in browsing through the variety of albums and seeing those of bands i already knew, taking them in my hands and telling myself, so, this is what [album name here] looks like. anyway on this particular evening i happened to come across clarity, which was an album by a band i had heard of but never listened to.

swiped it across the barcode scanner and placed the headphones over my ears

swam through 30 second previews, track after track, until the last one was over

bought the album.

this was how i discovered jimmy eat world.



tomorrow night will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment